We are proud to work with the following quality programs:
Smart Start utilizes a state approved curriculum with age appropriate activities and environments for our classrooms.
INFANT I (6 weeks to 6 months) & INFANT II (6 months to 12 months)
- ‣ Infants enjoy a large baby room that includes a sleeping area, play area and eating area.
- ‣ The entire lower level is equipped with storm proof safety windows, a sprinkler system, and sturdy evacuation cribs for emergencies.
- ‣We are proud to have an experienced teaching staff with many years of childcare.
Openings are extremely limited - please call for availability.
TODDLER I & TODDLER II (12 to 18 months)
- ‣ The rooms for our one-year-olds and a room for our 18 month olds are designed to create spaces for our active babies to spread their wings and experience new things.
- ‣ Our rooms are lively and full of participation!
- ‣ We offer stimulating toys for sensory experiences, lots of books for literacy, and age-appropriate activities to help the toddlers transition out of the infant room.
TWO'S & 2/3 TRANSITION ROOM (2 years to 3 years)
‣ Our 3 year olds enjoy circle time, centers, free play, outdoor time, reading, songs, sensory activities and more.
‣ The teachers help the children with potty training and transitioning from one activity to another.
‣ Children learn best through play so there is plenty of time throughout the day for children to play.
‣Our teaching staff have arranged their rooms to include learning areas.
‣ Some of these areas are dramatic play, blocks, puzzles and library.
‣ We have large areas for moving freely and doing large motor activities.
‣ The curriculum includes themes, nursery rhymes, numbers, letters, colors, shapes, sign language, feelings and coordinating art projects.
PRESCHOOL I & II (3-4-5 years)
- ‣ Our active preschoolers enjoy bright classrooms organized with centers and specific activities to help them learn and grown.
- ‣At this stage we strove to improve gross and fine motor skills, cognitive development, promote imaginative play, and a general understanding of the alphabet and word relationship as well as math, science, art and fitness.
- ‣Spanish words and numbers are incorporated into the curriculum and daily activities
- ‣The preschool rooms have a set schedule with circle time, library time, curriculum/learning time, centers, games, and outdoor time.
SCHOOL AGE (6 years & up)
- Before and After School transportation for select schools as well as accepting busing to and from Smart Start for school age.
- We are not aligned with OPS so we are open when school is out.
We offer Summer "Camp Smart Start" that includes:
field trips, going to the park, games, reading, art, swim days and exploring their world!